Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fall 2007











The first Sunday we went to church when we moved to Newark I saw this bridge on the way to church. I knew then and there that I was going to do part of my fall photos with the boys on this bridge. Today was the day. I drove up there and couldn't find a place to park. I appeared to be private property, and judging by the size and grandeur of the house next to it, I probably shouldn't just make myself at home!







Let me explain something about my 13 year old. He says I embarrass him all the time. I mean he is embarrassed if I take the teller at McDonalds to task about my order! "Mom, of course they don't understand you! Everytime you drive up to one of these things you start talking in Chinese!" If I know a situation is coming up I just tell him to get down on the floor of the van because it "ain't gonna be pretty!" We do this in a lot of good fun, but bottom line, he is VERY 13!






o, back to the bridge. I couldn't find a place to park. Hmmmm, must be private property. So I started to drive away. I have been looking at this bridge for 4 months just knowing that I was going to take pictures there.






On a whim I whipped into the driveway of the grandiose house drove the paved drive all the way up to the house. Caleb is laying on the floor of the van! I got out of the van, up the steps and rang the doorbell. Ya know, one of those door bells that play Westminster Chimes...the whole thing, anyway, finally this nice looking man about late 50's early 60's answered the door and I stammered around (ya know, talking chinese as Caleb says) finally I got out that I would like to take some pictures on the bridge and did he have any objections to that. He said I could do it for a million dollars. I said I didn't have that much. (I would have to liquidate my off shore accounts, but I didn't want him to know that!) He said "OK, you can do it for free then."










Every year I take the boys out for their "photo shoot". I have home schooled them for 5 years. I have to be innovative to keep their pictures up to date. I like to use these pictures for my desktop photo, I set them up as screen savers and my main use for them is making cards. Every years when they make out their thank-you cards at Christmas I make one with their picture on it.





Here are some of my favorite ones.












Sometimes they are goofier than others. When I get one looking good the other one is all messed up. How do you moms that have more than 2 do it??




The Big Boy!




And the Little sweetheart!





Caleb on my bridge


Having trouble uploading the picture of the whole bridge. Guess I better let something waituntil next week.

You all have a good weekend. I work the weekend so I know I will be useless on Monday.

Sarah Derscheid (tacomom) you need to send me your blogsite url and your email address. you really had me going! I could not figure out who you were. I studied and studied your picture and still could not make it out.

jmillardrn@yahoo.com

8 comments:

sankey family said...

These pics of the boys are great! Wow, they're growing!

Melodie

sarahmfry said...

We pick the one in which all of the kids have their eyes at least half open - even if the parents look like idiots. 6 little eyes open? It's a keeper! In spite of the dimented, double chinned-looking mother.

Enjoyed finding your blog tonight!

Tamra said...

I can just see you marching up to that mansion to get permission for the photos. You go girl!

Becky said...

Julie, you do not know me, but I am Dan Toth's sister. We were talking tonight and he happened to mention your name. I told him that I thought that you had blogspot, so he got on and checked it out. I was correct. Hopefully we will be able to meet sometime.

Becky said...

Another great place to take pictures is Dawes Aboretum. You may want to check it out. If you have not heard of it, ask Dan and he can tell well where it is at.

The Millard Family said...

The first few pictures we taken at Dawes. We loved it there.

Janella said...

Good pictures:)

Heather said...

Hey Julie! I am so excited to find your blog! Your description of Caleb is so funny because it describes kaitlyn too. She is only 11. Everything she wears looks dumb and everything I do is dumb. Ahhhh I will put you on my favorites list so i can check back often!