Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Upward Basketball

I have so much to say about Upward Basketball. It is truly a wonderful program.

It provided an opportunity for Daniel to learn the game, learn sportsmanlike conduct and Christlike conduct. He won an award for most improved player.

One of the biggest things that Daniel has learned in Upward Basketball is that you don't quit when you are behind. With game system games it is just so easy for him to push the reset button when he isn't doing all that well. He really needed a real life situation where there was no reset button! His team has only won 1 game, but they have learned alot.

Would you all give a round of applause for the most improved player, playing Forward (most of the time) Daniel Millard!

7 comments:

The Millard Family said...

UH MOM DANIEL PLAYS CENTER NOT FORWARD
CALEB

Janella said...

I 2nd the great things about Upward, we love it, this was Jacob's first year to play any sport and we are so happy with it! He has learned a lot.
Great job Daniel, keep playing hard:)

Aimee said...

had to laugh at the first comment. =)

Katie and the boys said...

I can not believe how fast they are growing!!! I feel really old when I think I use to watch them when they were just babies.

Heather said...

You go Daniel!!!Great Job!!

Holdens said...

Way to go Daniel!!

Anonymous said...

Hey julie!
This is amy loper. I just wanted to write you a little note to tell you that I worked with a woman named Kathy Brandenburg on the ITU floor... and she had nothing but good things to say about you! I told her I would tell you hi!!